Author: John Chandler
It takes a little work, but it is so...worth it.
Cook Time: 2 h 30 m | Servings: 12 Servings | Cal: 448 Cals
01. 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
02. 3/4 pound lean ground beef
03. 1/2 cup minced onion
04. 2 cloves garlic, crushed
05. 1 - 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
06. 2 - 6 ounce cans tomato paste
07. 2 - 6.5 ounce cans canned tomato sauce
08. 1/2 cup water
09. 2 tablespoons white sugar
10. 2 tablespoons white sugar
11. 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
12. 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
13. 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
14. 1 tablespoon salt
15. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
16. 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
17. 12 lasagna noodles
18. 16 ounces ricotta cheese
19. 1 egg
20. 1/2 teaspoon salt
21. 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
22. 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prep Time: 30 m | Cook: 2 h 30 m | Ready In: 3 h 15 m
01. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water.
02. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
03. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
04. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
05. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F 190 degrees C.
06. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture.
07. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
08. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
09. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Time and Date Calculator.A useful time and date calculator. Calculate how many days between dates. Use our free timezone calculator to find any dates.
A free to use stopwatch and timer with laps and notifications.
Use our free tools to calculate the percentage change and sales tax calculator
Use our free tip calculator to easily find how much to tip every time you are in a restaurant or shop.
123Answers.com is your one stop shop for all game answers and cheats. We offer a wide variety of game solutions for the most popular games on both iOS and Android platforms.