Author blog of M. Cundy, author of Serissa an indie book for the Young Adult genre with a highlight of Paranormal elements. Also provided on the blog are author interviews for Page to Page Promo, book blasts, free books, contests, and giveaways.
This what your M. Cundy Blog Ad will look like to visitors! Of course you will want to use keywords and ad targeting to get the most out of your ad campaign! So purchase an ad space today before there all gone!
Customize the title link
Place a detailed description
It appears here within the content
Approved within 24 hours!
If not completely satisfied, you'll receive 3 months absolutely free;
No questions asked!
What inspires you to write? I’ve considered this topic so many times. In the end, all I come up with is it’s fun to pretend. That, I suppose, makes one question what is the joy found in pretending? Most would answer because it’s an escape, and this is where authors and readers are often met...
What inspires you to write? I’ve considered this topic so many times. In the end, all I come up with is it’s fun to pretend. That, I suppose, makes one question what is the joy found in pretending? Most would answer because it’s an escape, and this is where authors and readers are often met on common ground. Pretty simple if you ask me, but how do you reach the people who want to get in touch with your flavor of escape? My flavor of escape is one that takes us to a world where we live happily together, globally, not merely locally. World peace, so to speak, but it has to arrive feeling at least realistic. While this isn’t my only choice to escape, it certainly tops the list right now.
Just this week another Amber Alert was released in my home state. From my understanding, it took about two hours from the girl’s abduction to the time the alert was released. She didn’t make it, but because she was taken in front of witnesses, they did find the kidnapper. I think every single time I see something like this happen, especially in real time, that I die a little inside, and for a moment I only wish that we could change time and get to her faster. I wish someone could have saved her.
It’s the tragedies like these that inspire me, because I want to live in a world where there aren’t child killers, where each life is precious and deserves a shot at life. I’m realistic to know that we can only do so much as a community at times to prevent these incidents, but that’s why I write a different ending. That’s why I hope, even though I know I can’t change the past and I can’t bring justice to the present, that maybe somehow I’ve done my part in keeping these lost souls in my heart and mind, I do my best to remember them, even if I didn’t know them. We all do that when we share an Amber Alert, news bits, and other things online, but me, I create a world where we have the power to genuinely prevent tragedy by just being a decent human beings.
I’m just tired of the news being so depressing and loaded with headlines that only make you feel on a downward spiral. There is still good in this world, and we are still mostly good ourselves, so please take a moment and hug your little ones and be grateful for as long as possible. You never know what tomorrow holds, sometimes you don’t even know what the next half hour holds.
When you’re done with that, take a moment to remember all the little souls ripped from our world one way or another. Their lives are over, but let them not be forgotten.
I’ll be giving away a few digital copies of my books after the weekend. They’ll either be in Mobi or PDF format. You can enter by going to the fan page contest app. The contest has begun and will run through Monday! One person will receive a copy of Serissa. One person will receive a...
I’ll be giving away a few digital copies of my books after the weekend. They’ll either be in Mobi or PDF format. You can enter by going to the fan page contest app. The contest has begun and will run through Monday! One person will receive a copy of Serissa. One person will receive a copy of both Serissa and Serissa’s Song.
Remember that both books are available for borrow through Amazon Prime! Happy Valentine’s Day weekend. Good Luck!
Serissa-Singing beautifully is more than a defining talent, its Serissa Moore’s destiny, but fame comes with a high price and a responsibility- a price that means questioning everything about life, and a responsibility no human is capable of.
Seventeen-year-old Serissa leaves home after graduation to follow around a new band with her friends. Only she already knows the lead singer, Gabe Livingston, who requests her to sing a duet. Scared of performing, and unsure about trusting the guy who once threw pebbles at her on the playground, she knows she should walk away. But in exchange for one song he promises to explain how she was the only one who saw him glowing during the first show of the tour, and why the polished stone he gifts her soon after transports her into a world she knows too well for having never visited.
Insistent on answers for accumulating odd events, Gabe explains her voice has an unique ability and her musical commitment involves her life, not one song. She also learns her recently acquired boyfriend isn’t who he says he is. Over the summer Serissa will have to overcome stage fright, elude her crazy soon-to-be ex, and hopefully, after figuring out where she is really from, have time to change everything about life as we know it.
Serissa’s Song- With the tour over and summer coming to an end, Serissa accepts her life will never be the same. She returns home with Gabe feeling as though everything around her is in perpetual change, from her mother beginning to date again, to Amber struggling with Rose’s departure. Before having a chance to become comfortable, Dayton and Colby present her with the shortened timeline she’s been given and answers to why it’s time to move forward in her mission. Her move from Kansas City to Chicago to meet with her production company deepens her relationship with Gabe, but only in time to meet with his own mother to learn he has sacrificed more than he realizes to be with her. She knows she has to record her album and do as she is told, but it’s hard when her only friend is on a downward spiral and her boyfriend’s future uncertain. But when Kyle reappears with another murder fresh on his hands, she is no longer willing to be forgiving. Without time on her side, she’ll commit a dose of her own magic in plain sight knowing her unconditional love will be the first of her messages, making her a musical force to be reckoned with.
There comes a time in life you have to let go of who you thought you were and become what you know you can be.
Well, all my lovely readers, turns out things have just gotten REALLY strange around here. I do have some lovely news however, and I’ve also got some lacking news, but it isn’t bad news. So, I’ll start with the more unfortunate news. I have no idea when we’ll get back to the author’s interviews ....
Well, all my lovely readers, turns out things have just gotten REALLY strange around here. I do have some lovely news however, and I’ve also got some lacking news, but it isn’t bad news.
So, I’ll start with the more unfortunate news. I have no idea when we’ll get back to the author’s interviews . We WILL do them, at this point there’s two things that have impeded on our time here. Medical and professional. On my half you should know that the “seasonal” store I work for during the holidays, is now a permanent store. This is great for me, but it does eat away at my time. However, with the major holidays over, and inventory as of this week out of the way, I will have more time for being online and doing things outside of my normal routine, which would be… INTERVIEWS! I’m really excited to get back to this as soon as possible in the next couple of weeks.
As you noticed there was some cool news as for me being employed year round. I only work part time so that makes it a lot easier to reconcile work and hobbies, or other work such a writing!
Now for the great, amazingly tremendous news! Serissa’s Song will drop in the next 24 hours or so on Amazon. Meaning you will be able to get your hands on book two very soon! I’m beyond excited for book two, the end just tears me apart in all the right ways and I can’t keep from reading it. So, to my lovely readers, I’d love to know what you think! Reviews or message me on Facebook, and don’t forget to like the page. Many pleases and thank yous in advance. Get your downloading fingers ready!
Until the book goes live, check out and if possible please share the trailers for both book one and two!
Well, as you can imagine time has managed to evade me the last few months. I work retail and no matter how hard I try each year to devote time and space to my internet hobbies, my brain goes into a dormant/sleep mode because there just isn’t enough time in a day to do what...
Well, as you can imagine time has managed to evade me the last few months. I work retail and no matter how hard I try each year to devote time and space to my internet hobbies, my brain goes into a dormant/sleep mode because there just isn’t enough time in a day to do what I set out to do. However, I also work seasonally and with the holiday season on it’s way out, and the new year set in motion, I have found a few minutes for some of my own projects. Soon, I will be getting together with my partner in all things books to see when we can get our interviews on the ball again. We’re still playing catch up with some of those, for that I apologize, however it is a free service and we are only human. I’m sure everyone understands, but thank your for your patience anyway.
As for other fun news, I have two new trailers and book covers. I’d feel blessed if anyone who supports YA books would be willing to spread some love for me with them on FB or whatnot.
Here is the new cover for book one: SERISSA, (scroll for more)
Here’s the cover for the second book, I’m aiming for releasing before Valentine’s day if not sooner, SERISSA’S SONG,
I also have two new trailers out as well. I’m only going to post the first one for now, for SERISSA, as the second isn’t quite ready yet, maybe later today.
That’s all I have for the moment, but I’ll be checking in again real soon with more updates. Happy New Year, may it be good for everyone!
Today’s interview is with Dianne Harman! Welcome Dianne. Click HERE to enter the contest for a Kindle copy of Coyote in Provence! A Little on the Personal Side: · If you weren’t an author, what would you be? If I were younger, I’d probably be a chef. I love to cook and I love food....
Today’s interview is with Dianne Harman! Welcome Dianne. Click HERE to enter the contest for a Kindle copy of Coyote in Provence!
A Little on the Personal Side:
· If you weren’t an author, what would you be? If I were younger, I’d probably be a chef. I love to cook and I love food. I was fortunate to be in a position when my husband was a California Senator to explore entertaining on a big scale. It wasn’t uncommon to have 20 or 30 guests in our home for a fundraiser. I usually cooked five course dinners. It was fun!
· What do you love most about writing? What do you not like? What I love most about writing is when the characters start dictating where the book is going to go. I get a chance to read and write at the same time. What I don’t like is the interminable waiting once I’ve written the book – beta readers, editors, copyeditors, formatters. That’s when I become impatient. Probably based on wanting to write the next book!
· Books and writing aside, what’s one of your favorite things about your life or yourself? I love to travel. Meeting people from different cultures, exploring new places, and learning about them keeps me from stagnating!
A Little on the Professional Side:
· Where do you draw your inspiration from? I don’t have one place. I can be inspired when I see green growth coming up through a crack in the sidewalk. What tenacity!
· Has there been a character that has “written itself”? Who? Slade Kelly, a private investigator, wormed his way into my books and I just love to read about him! Several of my readers have told me that he’s their favorite character and why don’t I do a series on him. He’s irascible, educated, but plays dumb, a true reprobate!!!
· What is your thought on eBooks being the new way to read? I fought it tooth and nail. When I got my iPad I remember making a deal with my son, who also had one, that neither one of us would read on an e-book. We would continue to only read print books. I reneged. There is such ease in having a tablet. I generally have a queue on there of books I’m ready to read. It makes travelling so much easier and lighter, plus I don’t have to run to the bookstore or library when I’m out of reading material. Given the younger generation and their reliance on electronic products, I don’t see an end to e-books.
A Little Quick Fire:
*When it comes to books*
Good Guys or Bad Guys? Bad Guys
Fiction or Non-Fiction? Fiction
Handwritten or PC typed? PC typed
Cozy Nook or Outdoors Oasis? Cozy Nook
Happily Ever After or Nail-biter? Both
Writing or Reading? Both
*When it comes to you*
Ice Cream or Cake? Ice cream
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
Coffee or Tea? Coffee
Dress Up or Dress Down? Dress Down
Barefoot or Shoes? Barefoot
Cook or Order Out? Cook
Book Titles and corresponding sell links.
Click HERE to enter the contest for a Kindle copy of Coyote in Provence! Thanks Dianne!
Welcome to the Page to Page promo Interview series Bryce! A Little on the Personal Side: If you weren’t an author, what would you be? I am a professional classical singer. I might be more active with my singing, but that’s definitely one of my passions. I think this is why I write –...
Welcome to the Page to Page promo Interview series Bryce!
A Little on the Personal Side:
- If you weren’t an author, what would you be? I am a professional classical singer. I might be more active with my singing, but that’s definitely one of my passions. I think this is why I write – I look at my kids books as way to communicate with an audience, just in a different medium (text and pictures rather than notes and lyrics).
- What types of books do you read? Surprisingly, I read a lot of business books, especially those geared towards creatives, small business owners, and people who think outside the box.
- When you are not writing where can you be found? In front of the television watching sports. I’m a big sports fan – especially baseball and college football and basketball. I actively root for the Tampa Bay Rays (even though I’m now living in New York) and both of my Alma mater’s teams – Georgia football and Maryland basketball.
A Little on the Professional Side:
- Where do you draw your inspiration from? I think this is a fun story. The idea of Pomodoro Penguin came from a pair of kitchen timers on my desk – one a penguin, the other a tomato. The idea was to create a fun, unique, but identifiable character and his friends that both kids would love and parent actually wanted to share with their children. I’ve tried to make the illustrations clean and bright and the rhyme crisp and snappy. I love the little world that I’m creating.
- What is your thought on eBooks being the new way to read? I think they are wonderful, and as a “new” writer, they were a wonderful way for me to test out my books. I launched all of my books on KDP select. Starting this fall, I will start distributing to a few other digital market places including Apple. That being said, since I write children’s books, getting them into print is really important. So, here I am 9 months after putting the first book out in the Pomodoro Penguin series testing the waters to see if there really is demand for the print versions. That’s why I turned to Kickstarter to crowd-fund/ presell the first printing of my books. Shameless plug: All-or-nothing pledge period ends on November 20th at 8 PM ET: http://kck.st/1eESJfr
- Who is your ideal reader? I get this a lot. The first book, Pomodoro Penguin Makes a Friend, gears young (Pre-K, K). The books, as I have heard from several parents that have tried them with their kids work well both being read to younger kids (4/5) and as early readers as they transition to chapter books (1st and 2nd graders). I have also heard that there are some penguin facts in Penguins, Penguins All Around that even parents won’t already know.
A Little Quick Fire:
*When it comes to books*
Good Guys or Bad Guys? Good guys.
Fiction or Non-Fiction? Fiction and non-fiction hybrids
Handwritten or PC typed? Handwritten then typed
Cozy Nook or Outdoors Oasis? Kitchen table
Happily Ever After or Nail-biter? Always a happy ending
Writing or Reading? Writing and Illustrating
*When it comes to you*
Ice Cream or Cake? both
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate all day and twice on Tuesday
Coffee or Tea? coffee
Dress Up or Dress Down? down
Barefoot or Shoes? barefoot
Cook or Order Out? cook
Additional links: Kickstarter project to get Pomodoro Penguin into print: http://kck.st/1eESJfr
Writer page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/brycewriter
Book titles and their corresponding sell links:
Or if you prefer use one of our linkware images? Click here