LisaBarger dot com offers critical reviews of herbal remedies and analysis of breaking health news.
This what your LisaBarger Blog Ad will look like to visitors! Of course you will want to use keywords and ad targeting to get the most out of your ad campaign! So purchase an ad space today before there all gone!
notice: Total Ad Spaces Available: (2) ad spaces remaining of (2)
Dani Elaine Morin sues Etsy for allegedly selling a friend the amber teething necklace that strangled toddler Deacon in 2016.
Nearly two-and-a-half years ago little Deacon Morin died after, investigators say, the amber teething necklace his mother allowed him to wear caught on something, strangling the toddler as he napped at his daycare. Now, Deacon’s mother, Danielle, is suing craft website Etsy for selling the jewelry to a family friend.
Morin, who uses the name Dani Elaine on Facebook, confirmed news of the suit in a post yesterday.
Morin does not appear to be suing the friend who actually bought the necklace and gave it to Deacon but is suing the website, Etsy, and the company the distributes the items in the U.S.
Child safety advocates have long warned about the sham medical devices, which are widely available through websites like Amazon, Etsy and others. In December the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, issued a formal Safety Communication begging parents and caregivers of infants or special needs individuals not to use them.
There is absolutely no scientific evidence that amber beads do anything to reduce fever or treat teething pain. And even “safe” necklaces aren’t considered safe.
A 2018 study of amber teething necklaces found that half of them failed to open when scientists applied 15 pounds of force. (It takes only 1.6 pounds to collapse a child’s airway.)
THE BEAST from STIFF BOY is recalled after secret sildenafil is found alongside its herbs, vitamins and minerals.
On Monday STIFF BOY announced a recall covering all lot codes of its The Beast “male enhancement” supplement after U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, tests found sildenafil contamination along with the product’s herbs, minerals and vitamins.
Sildenafil, as you probably know, is a prescription-only medication given to men for the treatment of male erectile dysfunction.
In its press release about the recall STIFF BOY acknowledges the contamination but offers no explanation for it. Nor does it say what, if anything, prompted the FDA to test The Beast in the first place.
As of Monday, neither STIFF BOY nor the FDA had logged any reports of anyone taking the product and becoming ill or suffering an injury.
The product was sold online nationwide. STIFF BOY says it is notifying its customers by email. Of course, anyone with any product still on hand should stop using it and take it back to their place of purchase.
New CDC data says at least 250 babies died in the U.S. in 3 years after suffocating in bed. Most were killed by soft bedding and many died in a parent's bed.
Some of our most vulnerable are still dying because the adults in their lives either do not understand or fail to follow longstanding recommendations for safe sleep practices and safer sleeping environments.
In a new study published this morning at the website for the journal Pediatrics, researchers explained that they gleaned data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Case Registry database. Looking at the years 2011 through 2014 they discovered more than 1800 babies died before their first birthday. At least 250 of those children died of suffocation in what safety advocates characterized as “unsafe sleep” situations.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has, for years, recommended that babies sleep alone, in a safe crib or bassinet, on their backs, and with no blankets, pillows, stuffed animals or other soft items.
But parents are not following those recommendations, researchers discovered. (While daycare deaths do happen, most sleep suffocation incidents actually occur in the infants’ own homes.) Soft bedding was blamed for the largest number of deaths but suffocation caused by an adult rolling over onto the baby was also common.
In all cases, non-supine sleeping and sleeping in an adult’s bed were frequent factors.
In the past two decades the number of sleep deaths in newborns has remained fairly steady. But better diagnostics means that more of those deaths are being classified as suffocations.
Vivitar announces a recall of its Hot/Cold Massage Balls, available only through Target, after several people were reportedly burned by burst balls.
Vivitar has announced a recall of its Hot/Cold Massage Balls products. In the press release, issued through the Consumer Product Safety Commission, or CPSC, the company reveals that as of April 04, 2019, it had received 84 reports of the balls leaking after being microwaved. In 17 of those incidents, burns were reportedly suffered.
The massage balls were made by Sakar International and sold only at Target. Costing around $5 for a set of 2, the balls were on store shelves as recently as February.
The balls were sold in 2-packs of one smooth ball and one textured ball. Available colors included:
If you think you might have these in your home, check your packaging for the name “Vivitar” and your balls’ model number, date code, and UPC. Vivitar says the date code is reprinted on the smooth ball of the set.
The following model numbers are covered:
Catnip Cocktail is formally warned for making non-allowed anti-anxiety claims about its product.
The FDA, or Food and Drug Ddministration, has formally warned David Bunata of Catnip Cocktail about non-allowed drug claims he allegedly made about the product on at least 2 different websites.
Catnip Cocktail is a catnip-based “natural” remedy that promises to relieve anxiety and reduce pain in cats. On the websites BuyCatnipCocktail.com and CatnipCocktail.com Bunata made claims like:
These claims, says the FDA, show that the product is intended as a drug. And that makes it a “new animal drug” in the agency’s opinion.
Bunata was given the normal 15 working days to answer the allegations.
Kopi Jantan Tradisional Natural Herbs Coffee distributor In Tha Pink is forced to recall for hidden drug contamination
It’s news that will surprise few of our regular readers: There is another recall of the scam “supplement” sold in the U.S. as Kopi Jantan Tradisional Natural Herbs Coffee.
This time the distributor is Brian Richardson and his DBA In Tha Pink. But just as before, the reason for the recall is undisclosed chemical spiking.
In his press release announcing the recall Richardson reveals that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, tested a packet of his Kopi Jantan Tradisional Natural Herbs Coffee and found both sildenafil and tadalafil in it. It was not said what, if anything, prompted the FDA to test In Tha Pink’s supply of the “supplement” but there have been no reports of anyone using the product and becoming ill.
The affected UPC is the same:
All lot codes with an expiration date code of 13/10/2020 are covered.
Or if you prefer use one of our linkware images? Click here
If you are the owner of LisaBarger, or someone who enjoys this blog why not upgrade it to a Featured Listing or Permanent Listing?