I got the basics of this recipe from a friend of mine and thought it was a great idea since these little nests can be made ahead, which I love. They are delicious, easy to make, and can be customized to your own tastes. I not only use the recipe as a delicious grab-and-go breakfast, but serve it to guests nestled into some lovely cheese grits, alongside fresh fruits and French toast made on a panini press. Oh, and dont forget the mimosas!
Cook Time: 30 m | Servings: 12 Servings | Cal: 210 Cals
01. 1 - 30 ounce package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
02. 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
03. 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
04. 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
05. 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
06. 12 eggs
07. 2 tablespoons water
08. 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled - divided
09. 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
Prep Time: 20 m | Cook: 30 m | Ready In: 50 m
01. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F 220 degrees C. Grease 24 muffin cups.
02. Mix hash brown potatoes, salt, black pepper, olive oil, and 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese in a bowl.
03. Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups and use your fingers to shape potato mixture into nests with hollows in the middle.
04. Bake in the preheated oven until hash browns are browned on the edges and cheese has melted, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove hash brown nests.
05. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F 175 degrees C.
06. Whisk eggs and water in a bowl until thoroughly combined, season with salt and black pepper.
07. Pour equal amount of egg mixture into each nest, sprinkle with bacon crumbles and 1 teaspoon Cheddar cheese.
08. Bake in the oven until eggs are set, 13 to 16 minutes. Let cool in pans and remove by sliding a knife between potato crust and muffin cup.
You can also experiment with ham, sausage, and veggies to make them your own. I also use chicken-Asiago sausage. Excellent quick breakfast for the weekdays. Very nutritious for toddlers who enjoy finger foods. I partially freeze 2 nests, slip them inside a small vacuum bag for saving foods, and seal them. When I get to work, I just pop them in the microwave.
Recipe Category: Breakfast Aug 25, 2017 August 25, 2017 737 x Jul 30, 2021
Time and Date Calculator.A useful time and date calculator. Calculate how many days between dates. Use our free timezone calculator to find any dates.
A free to use stopwatch and timer with laps and notifications.
Use our free tools to calculate the percentage change and sales tax calculator
Use our free tip calculator to easily find how much to tip every time you are in a restaurant or shop.
123Answers.com is your one stop shop for all game answers and cheats. We offer a wide variety of game solutions for the most popular games on both iOS and Android platforms.