Blog traffic starts the whole success process of your business. Without blog traffic, you have no leads, and without leads you don't have the possibility of converting those leads into customers. Hopefully, you are investing time trying to gain new blog traffic for your business.
Social media is a great way for you to acquire new traffic. If done correctly, you will have a system for developing an endless flow of blog traffic for your business.
Here are seven secrets to using social media to gain blog traffic for your website:
1. Create Compelling Content - Compelling content is what will attract readers to your blog, keep them there, and have them share your content with others. Create content that is entertaining, informational, and valuable for your readers. Mix up the type of content you provide with text, video, audio, and graphics. Link with other blogs that will compliment your content to show that you value your readers.
2. Start a Facebook Page for Your Blog - Facebook is one of the largest and most established social media sites in the world. Facebook provides a vast potential marketplace for leads and customers. The key to using Facebook for business is creating and maintaining an entertaining Facebook Fan Page. You can generate traffic back to your blog by consistently posting interesting videos, memes, contests, etc. Provide links for your blog offering to see more of the same type of content.
3. Get on Twitter - Create a Twitter account for your business blog at Twitter.com and start tweeting your content. You can use up to 140 characters to create a tweet. However, you should only use 120 characters so others can retweet, or share, your content. Twitter is great for sharing links, announcing specials or contests, and posing questions. With all of these, always direct your audience back to your blog.
4. Make the Most Out of LinkedIn - Join LinkedIn and start adding content. Make the most out of LinkedIn by starting groups and participating in groups relating to your marketplace. Post interesting content that your audience would interact with, enjoy and case them to click on your blog link. Here is an example of a post of a picture I posted on It generated robust interaction. The post also generated enormous blog traffic.
5. Pin it on Pinterest - The magic of Pinterest is the graphical nature of the content posted (called pins) on "boards" in your profile for others to share. Each of these pictures has links back to your blog. Again, pin interesting, eye-catching photos that make your viewers want to stop and click on the picture to gain more information.
6. Post Videos on YouTube and Other Video Hosting Sites - YouTube is the second biggest search engine in the world. Every second of the day millions of people are going to YouTube to be entertained, educated, and find solutions to their problems. If you can produce video that can do that, then YouTube is the place for you! During the video or in your profile, you can include your link that brings traffic back to your blog.
7. Promote Your Blog with Social Bookmarking Sites - DIGG, Stumbleupon, Reddit, and others are examples of social bookmarketing sites. Bookmarketing is different from Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites. Unlike Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, you are not concerned with getting likes or fans; you concentrate on placing information on Digg, Stumbleupon, Reddit, and other sites so people can find your information.
8. Implement social sharing tools on your website - An excellent tool is Shareaholic, which allows you to place buttons for sharing options via Twitter, Facebook, email, and social bookmarking sites into one tool. Shareaholic also gives you great analytics so you can see how your content is being shared.
9. Make It Easy to Comment - Allow engagement with your audience by using WordPress tools such as Disqus, IntenseDebate, or Livefyre. You can form a robust community of engaged viewers who want to share their comments and opinions. With these tools, you can control how and if these comments appear on your blog and how you want to communicate with these commenters.
10. Write Catchy Headlines - Write headlines that make potential readers want to read, engage, and share your posts. People are looking for solutions, and headlines let them know exactly what they will achieve by reading your content. A very interesting tool to help you write headlines is the Headline Analyzer at www.aminstitute.com/headline/index.htm.
Blog traffic is the life blood of any blog. Our success of gaining massive blog traffic depends on the variety of resources we use to gain this traffic. Follow the ten social media techniques for obtaining massive blog traffic and you will also have more than enough visitors to make your blog and business successful!
About The Author:
Ed Sykes is a much sought after social media marketing and blogging expert, author, workshop leader, and speaker. He is a teacher at the ODU Business Gateway teaching entrepreneurs how to use social media and blogs to grow their businesses. He also is the social media expert on the National Public Radio program,, HearSay with Cathy Lewis, along with appearing on numerous TV programs sharing his unique insights.
Receive his free eBook, "How to Use WordPress Plugins to Create a Marketing Powerhouse for Your Business," at http://www.blogtrafficguru.com
The most stable fast but dirt cheap captcha recognition provider online!
A stable fast and affordably cheap captcha solving service to help developers bypass captchas.
Wholesale Football Shirts
Time and Date Calculator.A useful time and date calculator. Calculate how many days between dates. Use our free timezone calculator to find any dates.
A free to use stopwatch and timer with laps and notifications.
Get listed in one of the most popular directories online, and start generating quality traffic.