Grabbing your readers' attention within the first ten seconds is not easy to achieve - it takes so many elements to appeal to your reader with effective content marketing and keep them engaged over the course of time. But the biggest challenge is grabbing your readers' attention from the offset, otherwise you risk losing their interest within seconds, meaning they will never click through to your call to action.
Listed below are top tips on how to grab your readers' attention within the first 10 seconds:
1. Create a compelling headline
2. Know your reader. This means that you know exactly what sort of content they like to read and how they like to read it.
3. Make sure that your content has a personality - whether by making it emotive, funny or a combination of the two.
4. Be direct. Don't confuse your reader with lengthy articles that don't stick to the main topic. Remain clear and concise in what you want to say.
5. Break up your text using bullet points, numbers and sub-headers.
6. Use images, charts, videos and infographics. The vast majority of today's readers are reading on a smartphone or tablet, so ensure that your content is completely responsive.
7. Link your headline to a powerful image to really make an impact on the reader.
8. Remember, less is more.
Content Marketing Tips to Make an Impact
Content marketing is something of a marathon, so remember to start slow and gradually work your way up. Establish benchmark measurements such as traffic, revenue, social engagement and email newsletter sign ups, but remember to avoid over-analysing data as this will bog you down and prevent you from moving forward.
There are plenty of tools to help you remain organised and on top of things, but you should also reach out to your team for great content ideas and inspiration. Don't be afraid to get everyone involved; you never know when a great idea might arise and who might be the brains behind that idea, so reach out to everyone including temps, your customer service team, executive staff and even your customers.
Another effective technique is to combine 'short' and 'long' content. Create 300 word posts and mix them with long-form posts. Include posts with images as well as video posts. Mix things up to maintain long-term visitor engagement.
Using all of the above content marketing techniques will really help you to pull your readers in and maintain audience interest for a prolonged period of time.
About The Author: 8 Ways Media SA is a Swiss-based web design & marketing agency providing 8 main services including branding, web design, IT development, online and offline marketing and more. 8 Ways Media specializes in providing services that focus on creativity as well as the latest parallax designs and technological trends.